Monday, October 10, 2011

Sundays for our Sunday best

Grace, mercy and peace to you.

On Sunday Mass
What should I wear?
Dresses meant to attract and distract
And footwear for strolling on the beach
Are not suitable for My King’s  sacred place
To pay homage and respect
In my Sunday best is what He deserves
He who is  the Lord of heaven and earth

Message for Oct. 8, 2011
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
What should be the proper dress code when you attend Holy Mass? When you attend social functions or gatherings of importance, do you wear casual clothes like shorts, T-shirts, slippers  and look just like you were going to a mall or worst going to a wet market? It has been my observation that church goers do not give importance to the sanctity of My place of worship and the holiness of the Mass.

Is it not a very important occasion to see your Creator, Provider, Healer and everything that I am to  everyone? Can there be someone more  important, more powerful, more wealthy than I am? Isn’t it true that in the off chance that you will meet someone important in a party you are going to attend, you will dress to impress? I must be a lowly beggar to you then, if you come to My house dressed as if you were just going to meet someone of no importance.  

If you truly value Me, you will attend Holy Mass in your Sunday best, which may not be new and expensive, but in a presentable attire befitting to meet your King!

No comments: