Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Proper Prayer

Grace, mercy and peace to you.

Lord, I pray not for my wishes
To be granted as I want them to
But that my will be attuned to yours
And accept that Your will, not mine
Is always what is best


Message for Oct. 11, 2011.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The right way to pray is always to allow Me to do My will, not try to manipulate Me into doing what you are asking by bombarding Me with prayers, novenas, fasting, offering Holy Mass etc. with the help of  intercessors and prayer warriors. It is foolish to “storm the heavens”  with prayers for your intentions on the assumption that the longer you pray,  your petitions will be granted according to your expectations. 

Do not dictate or coerce Me to do your wishes, you are only My servants although I regard you as My children. Be aware of how different our perspective on things are, I view all things through eternity and for everyone, but your viewpoint is limited to your immediate needs and wants, your assumed future which is not guaranteed, your family, your relatives and close friends only.

Bear in mind that the consequence of whatever  you do in your lifetime will affect so many people for generations without  you knowing  it. So when you ask for something, always say at the end, “Your will be done, not mine.”  

In that way, you are acknowledging that I am your God and Creator and entrusting your life to Me in complete surrender. Trust Me, My will for you is always for your good which will be beneficial to others too for a long time.

No comments: