Monday, June 13, 2011

The value of time and obedience

While copying the daily Bible readings for June 13 up to June 30 from EWTN, I came across these beautiful sayings from St. Augustine.

"God would not urge us to ask, unless He were willing to give."

"If God seems slow in responding, it is because He is preparing a better gift. He will not deny us. God witholds what you are not yet ready for. He wants you to have a lively desire for His greatest gifts. All of which is to say, pray always and do not lose heart."

Check the EWTN site for more beautiful daily reflections.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Value time as if you have no tomorrow, cherish each moment as if it is your last.

When doing your assignment, do not procrastinate, obey immediately because time doesn't wait for no one. Although, I control the time and have made provisions in case some of my soldiers will fail to do their assignment on time, I am saddened at how some take their instructions lightly.

Why don't they have a high regard for the highest authority just because I am unseen? For sure, if I am the head of their offices, they will obey all instructions with alacrity post haste. For human leaders, you jump at the snap of their fingers, but for me, you lie down first or do something else before finally doing what I ask of you to do.

Be like Mary, Joseph and all the other saints who obeyed immediately and said, "thy will be done."
Is it so difficult to expect from My children now? Have they drifted far apart from Me or have they taken Me for granted?

Obedience is all I ask of you, please do so immediately and wholeheartedly.

No comments: