Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Lotto anyone?

A lotto game whose jackpot prize has become so big, entices anyone who would like to be bailed out of a financial crisis to bet even at least once to try their chance of winning the jackpot. It is a desperate attempt to get out of a situation fast but the chances of winning is so slim.

I did try betting several times over the years but why don't I ever win? It's always three numbers short. Maybe I need to grow up more to be able to handle the vast amount of money that will come my way or maybe it is not His way.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lottery is a good thing but, it gives false hope to people. It maybe that the winnings or bets will be given in part to charitable causes but still it is gambling which I do not like. A numbers game or anything that gives a prize for betting is a game of chance. I do not like My children to be fooled by these games for their focus will not be on My provision since they will pray that I will provide them in the form of winning a bet. No, that is not My way, definitely not!

If someone won a game by pure chance as you think, it is not so. I allowed it to happen so that I can provide for someone through that person, a person with a pure heart, a heart willing to give and share his blessings. A person whose character won't be corrupted with the possession of so much money all of a sudden.

There are others who won and lose it as easily as they acquired it, that taught them a lesson. Sure, they experienced material wealth and prosperity, the life of the rich and famous as they dreamt but it was snatched away before it would corrupt them. Man who suddenly has more than he ever dreamed of will ultimately feel so proud of himself that he will become impossible to live with by those who knew him from his humble beginning.

Money is just passing, it can be eaten by moths and will decompose, don't put all your trust and hope in acquiring so much money to answer all your troubles. Have faith in Me in everything because I have more than enough to meet your needs.

No comments: