Tuesday, June 21, 2011

God's voice in us

Abraham believed what God promised to give him; a land to possess and descendants as many as the stars in the sky despite his advanced years. His belief greatly pleased God because despite his age, there was still hope for the impossible and a heartfelt readiness to do what God wanted him to do.

If God calls us to leave and set out for another country and tells us that we will have children even if we are way past the biological clock of childbearing, will we readily believe? I think with our modern way of thinking, we will dismiss it as nonsense and just disregard the message. Why? because I would feel unworthy to be spoken to by God himself. Does He really speak to us?

Message for June 22, 2011
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the quiet of your heart and the stillness of your mind, you can hear Me speak. Come, don't worry give them all to Me for I alone know how to work out your troubles perfectly. Just believe and have faith in Me and you will never be in want. Trust Me, make Me as real as your friends whom you seek for counsel.

I am in your heart always, so keep it free of the clutter, sweep out the negative emotions that are crowding Me in, let me breathe and surface from the muck that you have dumped inside your heart. Clean your heart, so it will be like mine. I know it will not be easy but if you sincerely try, the Holy Spirit will help you. Make a conscious effort to really be free of your fears, resentment, pride, envy and all other hidden negative emotions.

A clean and good heart is My perfect dwelling place, the way to My kingdom. It is when your heart is clean and pure that I will shine through and My goodness and love will come to you. Guard your hearts zealously, let nothing enter and settle in it that will stifle My voice and love in you.

No comments: