Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Sunday Mass

Some Catholics including me sometimes don't attach much importance on attending Holy Mass regrettably. The once a week meeting with our Lord is sometimes forgotten or chosen over something trivial in comparison to being with Him.

I am guilty of doing that in many occasions over the years. Sometimes, I will promise to attend Holy Mass the following day but won't be able to do so or I will promise to pray three decades of the Holy Rosary but will also fail.

Why should we attend Sunday Mass and keep our promise if we fail to do so?

Message for June 5, 2011.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Attending Holy Mass is important for every Catholic's life, most especially Sunday Mass. For once a week, I look forward to seeing you in My house.

If you fail to attend Holy Mass on Sunday and promise to attend Mass the following day, make sure you do what you have promised. If you fail to do that, it is best that you don't promise Me anything at all so that you won't be held accountable for your words. Remember that for every word, thought and action you are accountable for them. Just don't promise because I know what lies ahead of you. It is better that you do things without making a promise because it will gladden My heart than a promise that is left undone.

Sunday, is My day so set aside all your works and dedicate the day for Me alone. Make it a time for prayer, catching up with your Bible readings and doing activities that are relative to Me.

No comments: