Saturday, June 11, 2011

Acting like Jonah

Our stubbornness will ultimately lead us to our downfall if we continually have eyes that do not see and have ears that do not hear. Resistance is the best defense for something you are unsure of or of the unknown.

Obeying "the call" is a leap of faith down to a deep, deep ravine of uncertainty. When will we learn to let go of the familiar and plunge in surrender to where God wants us to be?

When will I take that jump, Lord without hesitation?

Message for June11, 2011.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Remember the prophet, Jonah? He insisted to do his own way and fled from Me but I took him back to do what I instructed him to do. I could have used other prophets, but I used Jonah so that his misconception about Me and My kingdom will come to light.

He wanted the Ninevites punished because of their wickedness to his people. Jonah thought of only his people, his brethren. He wanted vengeance for the atrocities they suffered from the Ninevites. What a wordly point of view! I, the Father of all creation looks out for everyone, big or small, believer or non-believer because they all belong to Me. If I am a corporate man, I will always be guided by the common good for the most individuals, not just for a few.

Jonah's view was parochial, mine is universal. And so it is with My decisions in the lives of all of you. Whatever prayers and petitions I grant to you will not only be for yourself, but for the benefit of those around you. Think of it like that. If I give in to your selfish desires, what good will it bring to you and the others?

No comments: