Sunday, August 21, 2011

The Anunciation, Mary's meek submission to God's plan

Grace, mercy and peace to you.

Message for Aug. 22, 2011.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today is the feast of the Anunciation, this day is a remembrance of Mary's complete surrender and acceptance of My plan for her and the whole world. Did she not hesitate? Did she not doubt? Was she frightened of the angel who spoke profound words? Mary, felt all these, but she submitted herself meekly to God's plan for her.

It will be difficult for people of this modern age and technological advancement to understand why someone, a young virgen at that would meekly submit herself and her future for an event that she herself is in doubt, an uncertain future that surely will be filled with malice, scorn and ridicule if she will tell everyone that she conceived through the power of the Holy Spirit.

Joseph, a descendant of David was also made a part of the plot, a plot written long before they were born. But, they, filled with God's grace accepted the roles they have to play in God's kingdom. Wonderful examples of meekness and submission for surely they have their own plans too. They forgot their own dreams for themselves and joined in God's activity to save people. These are the behaviors that I would like My children to have. Dropping their own agendas to be able to take part in My redemptive work for others.

Will you do the same thing for Me? Will you sacrifice your desires and ambitions to be My lowly servant? Are you willing to be subjected to public ridicule and scorn to spread My good news? Are you worthy of making that sacrifice? Yes, you are, for I alone know the heart of My children. Others can see with their eyes, but I can see you from the biggest to the tiniest bit of you. I will qualify those whom I call to join Me in My work. You are worthy because you are My children.

No comments: