Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Our journey

Our journey in life differ from each other because it was destined to be so. Many times I would wonder why others are wealthy while others are poor when seemingly they were walking the same way. The same religious fervor are observed in each person but somehow they differ in their social status, why?

It maybe because while they are all religiously pious, someone is lacking in good deeds or the piousness is just for show for the other one. Whatever the reason, only God knows because He alone can see the hearts and read the minds of His children.

Message for July 10, 2011.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today, you are of this world but when I will come to you and ask you to follow Me, you will have to forsake everything worldly to be able to really follow Me. My path is so much different, a pinhole that only a few would like to follow rather than forsake the broad, paved highway of the world. So many will profess their willingness to follow Me but only in words not in deeds.

My church is full especially during feasts of the church's patron saint but many of them come only for their petitions, not because they are truly My followers. You see, many associate their devotion to some services as My way, but it is not how many times you attend Mass and receive Holy Communion that sets you apart from the rest of the world. It is your actions that make you truly a good Christian.

Don't become so proud that you are always present in Church, attend processions and novenas and whatever church activities that you go into. Don't be a modern pharisee, be truly My sheep and follow Me into My sheep hold.

You know the correct way, why don't you follow instead of making your own way? For each of you, I have set different paths to My kingdom, don't make detours or make another route because you will only go back to where I wanted you to go. Trust in Me, follow the road I've prepared for you.

No comments: