Friday, April 22, 2011

Patience

I've been praying for qualities of goodness, knowledge of God, self-control, perseverance, godliness, brotherly kindness, love, justice, mercy, humility, compassion and a kind, tender heart and forgiving spirit so that I will become a saint like my namesakes, St. Therese of the Child Jesus, St. Teresa of Avila and the soon to be saint, Mother Teresa of Calcutta.

Lofty ambition, huh? But, i really want to become one because I want to be in heaven when it is time for me move on. My family will probably die laughing if they know I want to become a saint because I don't have saintly virtues, far from it because I am short on patience especially with my mother.

Still have a long way to go before even being considered for beatification but I will continue praying and struggling to become close to being a saint. To hear the words, "well done, good and faithful servant" will truly make my day someday!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Patience is a virtue that the Holy Spirit gives to those who ask. Ask then, so it will be given to you. Once in your heart, nourish and nurture it so it will grow and not go away.

You know, everything in your character has to be nurtured and taken cared of. Goodness has to be consciously practiced so that it will continue to be with you. For if you take it for granted and try to do something else it will eventually fade away.

Notice some whom you know as somebody good then was changed because of their newly found wealth? That is goodness not put into practice. You have to be consciously aware of what you are doing and don't stifle the little voice warning you that, "ooppss, you are straying from the clear line, you are crossing over."

Yes, my child being good and being kind and loving, living the virtues requires effort to perfect them. Use them everyday consciously and it will bear fruit. One day, it will just be second nature to you. For now, don't despair when you occasionally slip, no one's perfect.

No comments: