Monday, April 25, 2011

Believing

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Belief in Me is a personal relationship that grows over time. You can't believe in a person if you haven't known him well. Slowly, as you get to know each other, trust is built along the way of friendship. The same is true with me. As you slowly begin to understand and follow my way, your experience leads you to trust me. The sacraments, your prayer, your study of My Word brings you closer to me because you earnestly seek to get to know Me. And so, I open your senses to experience what most people can't.

How I long for my children to come to Me, to get to know their Father, the creator of everything they are enjoying. I would be very pleased and gratified. But, they just like the superficial not the supernatural, only a few have a true desire to reconnect with the flame that hovers over them night and day, 24/7. Why? They seem to think I am not worth the effort, not worth their time to explore and read My Word, be in church attentively, listen to my priest. They are just in a hurry to do their Sunday obligation. I am just an obligation to get through every Sunday, like a matinee show to be attended, just a routine with family, boyfriends, girlfriends, not really an innate desire to spend time with me.

How I miss my errant children. They don't even realize that I am spanking them when they have difficulties, they just shrug their shoulders, life goes on unless they get so sick or someone in the family gets so sick or suffers a tragedy that would really shake their material world, then and only then will they bow down their heads, kneel and pray to their invisible God.

Do I have to do that? Do I like my children to suffer so badly? No, I don't but that's the only way for them to call on Me, only at the most tragic moment will their hearts be open to my embrace.

I am the last recourse, but then it is always too late and then they demand for a miracle. Ohhhhh! Sometimes, if they are truly repentant, there is a miracle, oftentimes the path they have chosen will lead to an end but at least, they have reconciled with Me.

No comments: