Saturday, April 16, 2011

Palm Sunday reflections

It's Palm Sunday, which is the peak of the Catholics' faith according to Fr. Joey Faller of the Talitha Kum TV healing mass. His sermon was enlightening and thought provoking but his remark about the donkey made an impact in my memory. Enough to make me recall it, that is.

He said while re-enacting Jesus entry to Jerusalem on a donkey, he felt the joyous occasion as the people waved their palms as he walked to the chapel and then inside the church were ladies laid on the floor colorful scraps of cloth or shawl for him to walk on. He thought that perhaps the donkey in Jesus' time felt flattered about the attention and adulation that the people showed that he forgot about his rider.

At times, we can be like that. The ass in us forgets the Giver of our gifts and blessings that we strut and preen as if we accomplished everything we are proud of all by ourselves.

May we always remember the Rider that gives our asses the drive to move and accomplish much for His praise and glory.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is the message for today.

Salvation comes from the cross, through the blood that I shed you were born again, freed from sin, cleaned and washed with my own blood. It was a very great price to pay for the Son of Man to endure, He who is my only Son made man had to disown His own divine glory to signify my great love for my people. People who in turn don't love me as much. What wretched people they have become, how ungrateful my children are.

So, my parents don't be hurt if your children are not as loving, are not as grateful as you wish they are, because you have been the same to me. It is a repetitive cycle in human nature that has been foretold from ages past.

Let your grieving and saddened heart look at the cross and empathize with my feelings, a broken Father who gave up everything He had to save His children but in return was forsaken. Take heed in my sacrifice to love you, so that you will love your children more. Do not be discouraged, just keep on praying for their change of hearts and redemption and in the process you will change and realize your role as a responsible parent.

You will be the example, the role model for them to follow, so watch everything you say and do, lest they emulate what should not be. Be generous with praise and stingy with criticism, for like a plant, your children nourish with love and care will become a strong and fruitful plant, but, if taken for granted will wither and die away.

Take care of the children I gave you for they are extensions of my spirit like you all are. Take care of life because it is mine too.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: