Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Praying with perseverance

Sometimes when I pray for something for over a month and it isn't granted, I stop praying for it altogether. I would think maybe God doesn't want me to have it. Now, I realize that I don't have the right to set a deadline for God to grant my wish, He will grant it His perfect time. I have dreams that were granted after 3, 5 and the longest is 20 years, actually most of them were silent wishes that I never really prayed for while some were dreams that I thought were not meant for me. Prayer should be consistent, persistent but always letting God do what is best.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Perseverance and persistence in prayer life are two traits needed in My church. Some of you give up praying because you set a time limit for Me to answer your petitions. Having a time-line for the Almighty is like instructing your servant to finish a task.

I AM not your servant and I see the view from eternity. Whatever I grant to My children affects not only you and your families but everyone. It will have a ripple effect whether you know it or not. From high above the heavens, I can see what these effects will be, so I give grants to prayer requests in their perfect time.

There is a season for everything. Don't be in a hurry because your time is different from My time.

No comments: